Hey there! We want to see you thrive personally and relationally right where you are, which is why we’ve created practical resources to help you make a tangible difference in your life and relationships. We are rooting for you! We really are. Every single time a StrongLuv reader signs up to receive one of our freebies or joins our LUVolutionary list, simply because they want tools to help them succeed in the relationships that matter most, we pray for each person by name!
Our desire is to equip you in whatever way we can, so grab our Art Prints, Relationship Builders, Printable Gifts, and Actions Plans — we made them just for you!
Hover over and click the image to be redirected to the post hosting the FREE Relationship Resource of your choice!
Encouraging Art Prints
Strengthen Your Marriage
Strengthen Your Family
Strengthen Your Community
Gifts & Gifting ResourcesGift Guides at the StrongLuv Shop!
Best Relationship Books
This List of the BEST Relationship Books for 2017 is sourced by us with books that have personally helped us in tangible ways. We hope these same books will meet you right where you are and serve to give you hope, perspective, and practical wisdom that will take you and your relationships to new heights.
*This page contains affiliate links, which means when you buy something we’ve recommended, or click through our links to buy something else, we get a small commission and you support our site!
Best Marriage Books
- Love and Respect
- How we Love
- The 5 Love Languages: If you haven’t read this book by Dr. Gary Chapman yet, it’s definitely one you’ll want to add to your reading list — ASAP. Chapman will help you identify your primary love language as well as those of your loved ones so you can speak directly to them in a way that resonates with them individually as well as communicate your own needs in a more concise way.
- His Needs Her Needs: Willard Harley’s book His Needs Her Needs is full of practical advice on how to “Fill the Love Bank” of your partner as well as communicate effectively with him. One of my favorite sections is when he talks about the enemies and friends of communication. Harley also discusses the importance of couples discovering mutually enjoyable activities do together and the role recreation plays in marriage. If you find conversation and compatibility to be lacking in your marriage this book will give you some practical ways to get the ball rolling.
- Sacred Marriage – A Christian perspective on the purpose of marriage.
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: If you only get one book to help your marriage this is it! The founder of the Love Lab and renowned relationship researcher, Dr. Gottman, breaks down exactly what it takes to have a satisfying marriage. Of all the relationship books I have read, this has been one of the most helpful!
- Why Marriages Succeed or Fail
Best Parenting Books
- Parenting with Love and Logic: David and I have read so many parenting books over the years, but in our opinion, Parenting with Love and Logic surpasses them all. It is both educational and practical, so if you want more peace in your home and are ready to throw out some of your preconceived ideas about the best way to parent, this book is for you.
- Bringing up Boys
- Bringing up Girls
- How to Talk so Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids will Talk
- How to be the Parent You Always Wanted to be
Inspiration to Care for Your Community
- Love Does: I love this book so much I wrote an entire post about it! Life changing, my friends.
- DIY Blessing Bags for the Homeless (This project was one of the catalysts for us to start StrongLuv!)
- Bread and Wine
- Present Over Perfect
- Scary Close
Best Personal Development Books
- Daring Greatly: Have you heard of Brené Brown? Ohmygoodness, she is Ahhhmazing! In Daring Greatly she discusses the importance of vulnerability and breaks the myths and misconceptions that have made us buy into the notion that vulnerability equals weakness. A researcher by profession, Brene, weaves together behavioral data and neuroscience knowledge with extraordinary storytelling to create a compelling work which will change the way you think about and relate to almost everyone!
- Rising Strong
- The Mood Cure: Julia Ross’s knowledge of the use of amino acids and its effects on the brain has benefited our family both physiologically and emotionally. If you or someone you care about deals with depression, addiction, or ADHD this book could radically transform your life — for real!
We sincerely hope this list of the Best Relationship Books and Useful Relationship Resources helps you in your journey to a Stronger Marriage, Family, and Community as much as they have ours. If you know of other must haves you think StrongLuv readers could benefit from, make sure to let us know!